Let's get craftin'!

Wednesday, February 10, 2010

I CAN Survive!

So it's pretty neat that when I drive around Berlin I feel like I am finally starting to recognize the different areas and understand where in the city that I am. I grew up in a relatively small town, and was about 45min. from any large city. Living here is definitely different and has taken some getting used to, but I think that it isn't all that bad.

It is really nice to be in a place that offers so much culture and activity, if you actually go out looking for it. Of course, MOST major cities will offer similar things, but I had not lived in one until now. To go from small town to big city livin', well, it takes time to get used to hearing your neighbors stomping above you or to being jam PACKED into the subway cars- but after a time you start to feel a sense of accomplishment when you are able to "survive", so to speak, and to navigate without too much trouble.

I am becoming a Berliner. And I think that I like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment