Let's get craftin'!

Friday, April 16, 2010

And...We're OFF! Can't stop her now.

My little girl is really starting to grow up. Lately, she has been watching Mommy and wanting to do the things that Mommy does. Which, is actually really funny- for example:

I have been trying to get her to start drinking water from a bottle or a sippy cup, and NO GO. From the look on her face you would think that I was asking her to drink something off of
Fear Factor, but lately she has really been interested in watching me drink from my regular cup so I decided to see if she would actually drink out of it...the first two times looked more like a shower than a drink, but she was actually drinking it! Now, she will let me give her small drinks from her own sippy cup- SCORE! I was almost afraid she would never want to drink water.

Example two:
She was eating potatoes for the first time...and that was an experience! She doesn't try to spit the food out, like some babies might, instead she just trys to gag it up. So here she was, trying to gag up almost every bite until I started acting like I was eating it too, that and I mixed a little MORE apple sauce with it, then it seemed like she wasn't crazy about eating it but that if Mom could do it then she could too.

So here is the real point,
from this moment on- everything matters and all acts count. She is watching, she is learning, and she is choosing how to be based on what she sees.
So what will she see from me? What will she be learning from Mommy?
Hopefully it will NOT be "How to be a couch potato", or "If I scream loud enough, I will always get my way". I not only have to be a good example in the way I act, but I also have to teach her how I expect HER to act (and NOT to act).

With my little monkey sitting beside me, I look down at her cute bald head and know that that pudgy giggle box in striped footies is well worth it. I just hope that I can make it to and through the teenage years to come...so I guess I better start training her up in the ways she should walk now.

No comments:

Post a Comment