Let's get craftin'!

Thursday, April 8, 2010

Am I doing this right?.......

I guess that we all wonder, "Am I doing this right?" when we are in the process of raising our first child. I wonder that ALL the time, even though I research and study up and of course receive a ton of "want it or not" advice from others.

The challenge is that whenever you find a good medical study or research paper or Q&A site that they always say at the bottom, "But remember, every child develops differently and these methods may not work for your child."
That is NOT what I want to hear, I want to hear, "this will work for you and maybe even be the magic to solving all of your sleepless nights and napless days- our guarantee!"

BUT, the silver lining is that ONE piece of advice works with EVERY baby, "It gets a little better everyday." I may not have found a magic trick for putting my baby to bed or for getting her to eat her carrots instead of spitting them out, BUT everyday is a little better because I learn more about baby and about myself, oh- and I guess that the fact that baby matures more and more helps as well.

To each her own in raising her own baby, but as a community we can all kling to the hope that tomorrow can be better than today- especially if today baby screamed all afternoon :)

No comments:

Post a Comment